Sunday, January 30, 2011

What To Write Onwedding Card, Funny

Efficiency vs. effectiveness

Often in my work I sometimes have to wonder if the solution I have in mind and ask the direction (to) meet, is really the best solution at that moment for the company, trying to find the right balance between formal solution treated, the result of flexible and maintainable architecture, ... against quick solutions, pointing to the mere resolution of the customer's problem, the so-called "quick and dirty"
The theory of quality, Toyota's system leaves no doubt about the way forward: you need to do is to solve the problem, as soon as possible , so as to argue that, if within one week (the famous Kaizen week) you can not find, and implement a solution, it means that you are mistaken strategy.

The golden rule seems to be: Point effectiveness rather than efficiency.

I have always argued that this logic of improvement in small steps, designed to quickly solve the simple problem of the customer, not applicable to every situation, but only to those who have passed a certain "critical mass" in the organization and standardization of business, critical mass must be reached on
sound of heavy investment.

This also leads to rethink my belief in the value of efficiency that is equal or perhaps greater than that of effectiveness.
I like to see the effect as the order which shall be achieved through an efficient process, or "quality" that is able to provide flexibility and maintainability over time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment